Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Together

Living Together

Me and my new BF has been in a relationship for about 2 months now. He lives about 10 miles away from where I live. I work on nights and he works on normal working hours almost everyday he goes to my house before I go to work so we can see each other or have a bit of chit chat and have dinner together.

During my day off (twice a week if he's lucky) he stayed in my house or I go to his house. Today he suggested to me if I can move to his house so we can have more time together and to know more each other by living in one roof. Do you think 2 months is not yet the right time for us to share a house together and beside I am enjoying my independent I can do what I what, I can sleep all day if I want, I can ring my family and friends anytime/any day and I can spend all day on the internet on my day off. Although, to be honest, I want to workout this relationship, I am not young anymore but its too early for me to say that he is the man I want to marry and Im sure that's his thinking as well. Right now I can say that I enjoyed each other company, its nice to have him around specially this cold weather lol. Well, its just so nice being inlove sometimes

Oh I read that the Bishop in the Phils banning SEX for unmarried couple to avoid commiting sins.....

NO SEX ON VALENTINE'S DAY SAYS BISHOP

Unmarried couples asked to keep away from motels on Valentine's Day to avoid committing sins‏

A Catholic bishop on Thursday advised couples, especially those who are not married, to refrain from going to motels on Valentine's Day so as not to be tempted to commit a sin.

“Our concern here is more of the morality. Whether that is legal or not, the people should still avoid instances especially when they know that they will be committing a sin,” he said.

The prelate added that there are other ways through which a person can show affection to their loved ones aside from engaging in pre-marital sex.

Poor Bf of mine our first valentines together no SEX I don't want to commit sins.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    Poor Bf of mine our first valentines together no SEX I don't want to commit sins.
    your reason for no sex because you dont want to commit a sin i have to laugh at that.

how soon do you know you love someone?

i guess its how you feel about one another and the way you feel inside when you are together.

Banned
    at least make it 6 months

seriously,if you adapt already the western way,go on.. just don't get pregnant for practical reason,(if you're still helping your family in PI )

but at the end......its yourself who can decide what ever you want to choose

I have to laugh sometimes when I hear comments by the Philppine Catholic Church, I mean Mel and I went to family planning prior to getting married. Can you believe it!? The priest was giving advice on sex, really he is the last one to give advice, what experience does he have!

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    The prelate added that there are other ways through which a person can show affection to their loved ones aside from engaging in pre-marital sex
    Like what for instance????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    Like what for instance????
    by being thoughtful,supporting in many ways (mental physical,financial) caring etc.etc. blah blah

Banned
    Me and my new BF has been in a relationship for about 2 months now. He lives about 10 miles away from where I live. I work on nights and he works on normal working hours almost everyday he goes to my house before I go to work so we can see each other or have a bit of chit chat and have dinner together.

During my day off (twice a week if he's lucky) he stayed in my house or I go to his house. Today he suggested to me if I can move to his house so we can have more time together and to know more each other by living in one roof. Do you think 2 months is not yet the right time for us to share a house together and beside I am enjoying my independent I can do what I what, I can sleep all day if I want, I can ring my family and friends anytime/any day and I can spend all day on the internet on my day off. Although, to be honest, I want to workout this relationship, I am not young anymore but its too early for me to say that he is the man I want to marry and Im sure that's his thinking as well. Right now I can say that I enjoyed each other company, its nice to have him around specially this cold weather lol. Well, its just so nice being inlove sometimes

Oh I read that the Bishop in the Phils banning SEX for unmarried couple to avoid commiting sins.....

Unmarried couples asked to keep away from motels on Valentine's Day to avoid committing sins‏

A Catholic bishop on Thursday advised couples, especially those who are not married, to refrain from going to motels on Valentine's Day so as not to be tempted to commit a sin.

“Our concern here is more of the morality. Whether that is legal or not, the people should still avoid instances especially when they know that they will be committing a sin,” he said.

The prelate added that there are other ways through which a person can show affection to their loved ones aside from engaging in pre-marital sex.

I'm happy for you Cheez
    You are old enough to decide for yourself. If you will listen to our religion, you are not supposed to do live-in, no premarital sex, no contraceptives etc. So which is which

Live-in - That's good if you want to know him better as you will only know him better if you will both live in one roof

SEx - The best exercise of all

NEVER 4get to tell him that you're helping you're family etc.

Goodluck

Banned

My "Bishop" says it is ok all year around....

In times like these where there are so many sexual diseases and unwanted babies i respect anyone who can wait until they get married before having sex!

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    In times like these where there are so many sexual diseases and unwanted babies i respect anyone who can wait until they get married before having sex!

Shame they couldn't invent something made of rubber which could reduce the number of a lot of the stds and unwanted babies
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

some people just met in 3 weeks in person then got married after a few months (like me). So, its not the question how long you know each other to live together IMO. If you think that you trust him enough to share a house with go for it but of course be ready for CHANGES since you get used to your indepence lately. Good luck

Hi!

There's no rush in living together...as you have said you like your independence and you not sure if he is the one. Just continue going out, he can stop at your house anytime anyway so I suggest just see how it goes for a few more months. Don't be pressured in any way, if its the right man and time you will know

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Since when was it a sin to love someone?

Quote Originally Posted by JoGr View Post
    True I hope it ain't a sin, I have to confess my sins before we get married!

Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    True I hope it ain't a sin, I have to confess my sins before we get married!
    that's funny about getting married in the Phils I am not catholic but I heard that's how they do it (confess b4 the wedding starts). Of course for a Christian wedding the pastor knows that the bride and groom don't have sex yet before the wedding bec its a sin.....like Kaka the famous footballer (I belong to Jesus) once said on the interview that him and the wife had sex after the marriage

Quote Originally Posted by JoGr View Post

its a SIN when someone fell in love with a married man/woman (still living as a couple)...don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by flomike View Post
    its a SIN when someone fell in love with a married man/woman (still living as a couple)...don't you think?
    i agree to u brod

Although, to be honest, I want to workout this relationship, I am not young anymore but its too early for me to say that he is the man I want to marry and Im sure that's his thinking as well.
    I agree, age is important for a lady.

Get to know his friends and family, which will tell you more about him. If all is well, you are ready, then take a chance and go for marriage.

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by flomike View Post
    very true.

hello guys thanks so much for the advice

I decided that its better for both of us to continue living on our own for now and after a few months if things still the same or better we can live together.

I asked him to watch that BBC program about Phils since I am at work bec I want him to have an idea about Phils (good and bad) I am happy that documentary didn't turn him off the more he is excited to see the real Phils the only request he has is pls don't bring me to that cemetery lol.

hello guys thanks so much for the advice

Phils the only request he has is pls don't bring me to that cemetery lol.

hehehe.. my husband said it was cool! lol
    full of colours and not boring...

good thing you have decided already... enjoy!

Irobot..." Sunny... Different From The Rest... " :Britian:

Irobot.....No one has the right to tell you how to live your life, go and do what you feel is right at the time .... you have to decide in your own mind is it Love or Lust , love comes from the heart but if you said no i do not think i am ready ?.... watch the reaction if the answer is sure no problem we can wait, this surely is love and respect for you....Phil...

Note :- " Never Noticed You Already Decided On What You Wanted To Do... "
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Your decision was right. two months are a short time to get to know each other. another possibility is to move into his house, but also to keep your house. some kind of living together on probation.
    i wish you luck for your common future together and perhaps you will tell us in the future about your common house...
    Last edited by raynaputi; 24th July 2012 at 10:30.

2 Months!!! A bit slow isn't he?

Mancs/Scousers would be asking that before 2hrs was up!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    I watched abs-cbn news what irked me is that the obispo in the Philippines wants to make contraceptives unavailable to the women of the Philippines. He says the reason for this is that he is prolife. Is he going to help the many children, whose parents cannot afford them, which would result?

Why is a woman's right to decide when and if she will be pregnant "anti life" ?? It seems to be anti women, to have an anti contraception policy. This man,who by his profession will never be married or father children, is not qualified to make this decision for adult women, as if they need him to think for them. The women of the Philippines can decide this for themselves.

The obispo,who is a man, does not have a clue as to what is means to be a woman. he does not know how women feel. he should not dictate to women whether they should get pregnant.

To me, it is a sin to dictate other people's life.

Amen to that womaninlove
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by womaninlove View Post
    This man,who by his profession will never father children,
    Probably he's already done it, in incognito......

Quote Originally Posted by womaninlove View Post
    he does not know how women feel.
    I agree with that, but also I think he must have felt a few of them under him, in his life....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Probably he's already done it, in incognito......

I agree with that, but also I think he must have felt a few of them under him, in his life....

Yeah, possibly...they just acting like they are the cleanest human beings in this world.

I am not against the obispo, but sometimes they are out of line.

Banned
    sorry for the o.p I didn't meant to highjack her thread.

Without wishing to offend the 'Code of Morals' as laid down by the Roman Catholic Church - and having long ago come to the conclusion that my halo was expendable - I can see no EARTHLY reason why two mature, consenting adults should not be permitted to engage in mutually-satisfying ways of expressing their love for one another, so long as there is no promiscuity involved and each party continues to remain faithful to the other.

What I WOULD suggest, however, is that you BOTH think very carefully before moving-in together ... especially since [by your own admission] YOU value your independence. Keep up the twice-weekly visits to your respective homes; enjoy yourselves by all means, but try to take things gradually. Two months does seem a bit premature to seriously consider anything more permanent at this stage in a relationship. Bear in mind too, we all need "our OWN space", and by giving yourselves a little more time to gather your thoughts, you'll be better-able to assess your long-term compatibility, and decide whether your current boyfriend is the right choice for YOU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information