Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Buying a (p)lot of land? Where to start?

Hi folks

I want to help my partner to buy a plot / lot of land so her family can build a house. Right now they are at risk of being asked to leave their home. Can anyone help clarify the process? My partners family do not know how to go about it. The land will be in my partners name.

Walesrob - I'm sure I read somewhere that you live outside Tacloban somewhere? If so, what process did you have to follow. Did you need a Filipino lawyer to do this?

Thanks for any help

Josh

I dont know the ins and outs of buying land in phill. But I do know from what i read make sure you get very good legal assitance as seems to have been a lot of cases where lazy land searchs have been carried out and at a later date issues arise.

I have read on other sites a few years back of people getting one lawyer to check the work of another lawyer although that could raise issues also if not carefully done.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Buying a (p)lot of land? Where to start?
    With the land!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Just make sure you will transfer it to registered of deeds once you bought it,that you are the owner of the said asset,and one more thing b4 you buy it make sure go to registered of deeds to know if that land haven't sold to anyone, because there are loads of scammed by this time ,pretending the land wasn't haven't sold yet to anyone but actually sold already,you don't need lawyer (it should be a land title ),Just always go to registered of deeds (R.D.) because there are the Gov't sector who will say what things you need to do, but make sure when you talk to someone ,some can hear your conversation,might that person will ask for "money under the table", just don't front your British fiancee they might the price will up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua100 View Post
    Hi folks

I want to help my partner to buy a plot / lot of land so her family can build a house.

The land will be in my partners name.

Josh
    i was confused here, but hoping my experience when i bought my two house and lot ,the way i process it will help you Josh

Banned
    Hi folks

I want to help my partner to buy a plot / lot of land so her family can build a house. Right now they are at risk of being asked to leave their home. Can anyone help clarify the process? My partners family do not know how to go about it. The land will be in my partners name.

Walesrob - I'm sure I read somewhere that you live outside Tacloban somewhere? If so, what process did you have to follow. Did you need a Filipino lawyer to do this?

Thanks for any help

Josh
    First, you need to choose place which you think better to live for you. Not floody area, not polluted, no squatters around and really nice place.

You only need lawyer if you are buying second hand properties. The lawyer will make DEED OF ABSOLUTE SALE for you and payment can be done infront of the lawyer.

But if you will buy newly developed house/plot in a subdivisions or village, and you will be the first owner, then you will directly transact with the developer and agent. Developers have their own lawyer.

If you'll love to live close to Tagaytay, Laguna and Cavite, I have some properties owned by friends that is for sale. There are installment basis too if you want first owner for new villages. PM me if you want to see photos

I have chosen mine in Sta Rosa, Laguna and Tagaytay as I love this place for reasons

Hi folks

Thanks for any help

Josh
    thats better to go in the banks and ask if they have a for close land bcos it cheaper than the state agent
    all things are possible!

i bought 5 plots of land from landbanks for £4,500. 1,600sq mtr in the beach,2,000sq mtr in the high way 20,000sq mtr in the forest it was a pakage deal
    all things are possible!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    i bought 5 plots of land from landbanks for £4,500. 1,600sq mtr in the beach,2,000sq mtr in the high way 20,000sq mtr in the forest it was a pakage deal
    wowow you must be reach bhing

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    hello vbkelly, wheres that forest uve bought? is it in Davao? coz ur from davao, right?

I cannot believe that, at those prices, any of the lots are in Davao city!

Before I moved here, I bought 1.5 hectares (15,000 sq m.) way out in the sticks (beyond Laak) for about £350. Ruby's father is managing the land for me.

Our beach lots (just over 2,500 sq m. and about 30 mins drive from the city) cost us about £20,000.

Advice for buying land? Much as others have said: First of all, get to know the area where you want to buy. Look for any pitfalls. Yes, visit the banks looking for foreclosures - there are some very good deals. If you buy from the bank, you should be fairly safe.

If you buy from a private individual, get yourself a very good, and trusted, attorney. There are many land scams going on here. We had one individual, showing an un-notarized deed of sale, asking 700,000 pesos for an adjacent lot. When we identified the real owner (a corporation), the asking price is significantly lower.

The most common reason for land being offered for sale is the need to raise funds to pay hospital bills etc. Try to ascertain the true value of the land, make a sensible offer and be prepared to walk away if the seller won't negotiate.

Banned
    I'll just buy my Mom's farm. Cost 400,000£ discount is confidential

Quote Originally Posted by gemini63 View Post
    hello vbkelly, wheres that forest uve bought? is it in Davao? coz ur from davao, right?
    no not in davao its in bohol lol in my mum province
    all things are possible!

no not in davao its in bohol lol in my mum province
    My wife's from Bohol, Garcia Hernandez, just remodel her fathers house.

I live in Bohol and I just built my new nipa hut!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Nice pile....That's a start.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    im from ANDA nice beaches there
    all things are possible!

im from ANDA nice beaches there
    Yes iv seem pics of the Beaches there, really are nice, just a bit too far
    from Tagbilaran, will have a trip next time to Anda i am over at Father in-laws
    not that far from Garcia.

Baguio properties are cool!

Baguio properties are cool!

Thread Information