Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

passport renewal

happy new year everybody,

is it only allowed to renew a philippine passport at the embassy in London or can it be done with the consulate in Edinburgh.

just dont want the pain of driving /parking etc in london if i can take it to scotland

john sergison

i thought it was only in London as they need to take your paw prints etc

my misses passport expired last month, were not bothering getting a new phils one, as i'll be applying for citizenship for her next month, then a British passport, probably get a phils passport next time she goes to the phils.. or maybe not. no point really

Quote Originally Posted by john sergison View Post
    happy new year everybody,

is it only allowed to renew a philippine passport at the embassy in London or can it be done with the consulate in Edinburgh.

just dont want the pain of driving /parking etc in london if i can take it to scotland

john sergison
    if you don't want to drive to london you can apply by post and you can download the form in the website
    all things are possible!

i dont think you can apply by post, they need to take your finger prints etc for the new MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT

Banned
    Try to email here john http://dfa.gov.ph/ they will reply to you,where is the best way to renew

Respected Member
    thanks to all replys, yes i think joe is right because of the requirement of giving your paw prints and bottling your scent, i was unsure about the possibility of doing it somewhere else because it really is unfair on the people who live so far away like scotland etc to have the bind of getting to london.

thaks again

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i dont think you can apply by post, they need to take your finger prints etc for the new MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT
    yes my friend did applied by post last month just put a finger print in the application form, find the ink in the school or office supply store ask for finger print ink
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    yes my friend did applied by post last month just put a finger print in the application form, find the ink in the school or office supply store ask for finger print ink
    , well i never

why ask for/take finger prints if there is no control over who takes them, how do they know, that the finger prints belong to your friend , i suppose they still have your friends picture to go off thou ... maybe its worth John getting your misses to phone them and see if it's acceptable to take your own paw prints ?

your friend has not got her passport yet vbkelly?, i take not, will take a while anyway to get to and back from the phils..

Respected Member
    In the announcement for Machine Readable Passports on the Philippine's Embassy website it stated

"“With the launch of MRP, all passport applications received by the Embassy will have to be sent to Manila for processing, which we estimate will take at least two months’ turnaround time,” said Ambassador Edgardo Espiritu.

Aside from the regular documentary requirements, all Philippine passport applicants must appear personally before a consular officer to affix their thumbprints and sign on the new form to be generated by the Embassy’s computer, based on the applicants’ duly accomplished forms. The MRP also requires passport photos to be taken against Royal Blue color background."

Though maybe they are willing to make allowances for anyone who can't travel there easily.

surely you only need to go the once ?

and what's the point of the rules if you can send it..

but it could be open to abuse, surely the whole point of taking fingerprints and bio info is that it is accurate and done in a controlled way. if not, what's the point, might as well not bother doing it at all

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    , well i never

why ask for/take finger prints if there is no control over who takes them, how do they know, that the finger prints belong to your friend , i suppose they still have your friends picture to go off thou ... maybe its worth John getting your misses to phone them and see if it's acceptable to take your own paw prints ?

your friend has not got her passport yet vbkelly?, i take not, will take a while anyway to get to and back from the phils..
    yes she got the passport 7working days only
    all things are possible!

Thread Information