Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: our rights?

our rights?

just asking to all my sis in here about 'what is our rights to our husband as a wife here in england?im just curious?what is ur opinions about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_may365 View Post
    just asking to all my sis in here about 'what is our rights to our husband as a wife here in england?im just curious?what is ur opinions about this?
    As your sis seem tardy perhaps I can help....

Your always right even when your wrong bet you already knew that
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    I don't necessarily agree.... But..... It's kind of spot on....

The Women's Rules

1. The female always makes the rules
    2. The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
    3. No male can possibly know all the rules.
    4. If the female suspects the MALE know all the rules, she must immediately change some or all of the rules.
    5. The female is never wrong.
    6. If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was a result of something the male did or said wrong.
    7. The male must apologize immediately for causing said misunderstanding.
    8. The female may change her mind at any time.
    9. The male must never change his mind without the express written consent of the female.
    10. The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
    11. The male must remain calm at all times unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
    12. The female must, under no circumstances, let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry and/or upset.
    13. The male is expected to mind read at all times.
    14. Any attempt to document the rules could result in bodily harm.
    15. If the female has PMS, all the rules are null and void.
    16. The female is ready when she is ready.
    17. The male must be ready at all time.
    18. The male who doesn't abide by the rules can't take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.
    Author is Unknown, but I bet it's a woman.

http://home.online.no/~warnckew/jokes/women-rules.html

Banned
    And now the real thing.... What life is all about.....

Men's Rules
    Women should learn these!

Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not considered by us to be opportunities to see if we can find the perfect present again!

Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.

Ask for what you want. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

We don't remember dates. . . .Period!!

Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We've been tricked before!!

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn't really matter what they're saying anyway.)

BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know, it's like camping.
    http://www.funny2.com/mensrules.htm

I'm laughing while I'm reading your reply here MOD hahahaha....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post

(edit,need to add some words)

oppssssss................ too late to read mod reply too....lol more

will if you don't go left,you always rights lol
    all things are possible!

thanks for ur reply,i learn some nice things,but what i mean is ;What is or right by law as a wife?

Speaking of Rights as a wife and husband well...i think personally that our marriage vows says all about it...accepting one another as lawfully wedded husband and wife through richer or for poorer,to sickness and health till death do we part?
    Filipina a born survivor!

Banned

It's a woman's prerogative to change his mind

Banned
    Why Men Can't Win

If you work too hard, there is never any time for her.
    If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, it's exploitation.
    If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your butt and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her, it's favoritism.
    If she gets a job ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment.
    If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.

If you cry, you're a wimp.
    If you don't, you're insensitive.

If you make a decision without consulting her, you're a chauvinist.
    If she makes a decision without consulting you, she's a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, that's domination.
    If she asks you, it's a favour.

If you try to keep yourself in shape, you're vain.
    If you don't, you're a slob.

If you buy her flowers, you're after something.
    If you don't, you're not thoughtful.

If you're proud of your achievements, you're an egotist.
    If you're not, you're not ambitious.

If she has a headache, she's tired.
    If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore.

Banned
    what i mean is ;What is or right by law as a wife?
    You have the right to remain silent.....

Anything you say, will be taken down and, may be used against you....

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I'm the boss in our house and I have Hanna's permission to say so.

(An old one, I know!)

Al.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm the boss in our house and I have Hanna's permission to say so.
    Al.
    you got it,
    rights? depend on the right you are talking about
    wealth-conjugal in everything

Ana sorry for all this uncalled for frivolity on what is clearly a serious question !!

Did you read the small print? in particular the insanity clause regardless of Amys countdown there aint no in Santa Claus hope this clears this up for you
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Smile

Ana sorry for all this uncalled for frivolity on what is clearly a serious question !!

Did you read the small print? in particular the insanity clause regardless of Amys countdown there aint no in Santa Claus hope this clears this up for you
    Frivolity? No, it's levity!

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Frivolity? No, it's levity!

Al.
    Exactly Al it was the lack of gravity I was referring to
    Absit invidia

Smile

Ana_may, Do you mean 'What are your obligations to your husband?' - or - 'What are your rights as a wife?'

It would help if you clarified this.

Al.

london well away from those people up norf
    Your allowed to keep your husbands as long as you take them for a walk each day on not to tight a lead

Like Alan says can you redefine the question please mam as its a big topic at the moment

thanks for all the reply again,what i mean is,what is right of all filipino missuss here in english law?about the house?money?everything?im just want it to know.coz we have a arguments [hubby]about this.as long as i know ur opinions about this,i tell about what we argue about this.thanks

Ana,

I'm not sure if this is just a general query, or something that concerns your specific situation. Contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau for professional help.

I’m not a lawyer, but my understanding is that property, money, joint bank accounts etc are usually considered communal property in England & Wales (Scottish law is different in some aspects & I don’t know if this is the case) – pre-nuptial agreements aren’t recognised, but may be used as a basis as an earlier sign of intent before the marriage took place. That’s why some divorces can be bitter & acrimonious (McCartney’s, Madonna & Ritchie?) because they’re trying to split their property, money etc.

Your citizenship (provided that you have ILR) doesn’t affect the outcome of any divorce proceedings; so if you’re Filipino with ILR, but not yet British, don’t worry.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ana,

I'm not sure if this is just a general query, or something that concerns your specific situation. Contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau for professional help.

I’m not a lawyer, but my understanding is that property, money, joint bank accounts etc are usually considered communal property in England & Wales (Scottish law is different in some aspects & I don’t know if this is the case) – pre-nuptial agreements aren’t recognised, but may be used as a basis as an earlier sign of intent before the marriage took place. That’s why some divorces can be bitter & acrimonious (McCartney’s, Madonna & Ritchie?) because they’re trying to split their property, money etc.

Your citizenship (provided that you have ILR) doesn’t affect the outcome of any divorce proceedings; so if you’re Filipino with ILR, but not yet British, don’t worry.

Andy
    ok.i explain why i ask this question.me,my hubby and 3 of our friends cameback from ireland.and while we travel from larne to our house,my hubby and our friends talk about 'the house of thier friend in ireland is in his wife name.'and so on,on and on until i fall sleep.so at that night while we watching television i ask to my hubby that why they talk about thier friend in ireland,about thier house/bungalow is in his wife name.and i told him what is the problem with that?they are a couple it is not a problem if thier property is in his wife name.and i ask to my hubby that 'how about me.our house is in ur name only.and i didnt own anything in our house but im not complaining as long as we happy live together.and at that time my hubby asking me that'why im not contented in what he gives me[actually he buys me a 6 houses in phils and its all rented,he open me an investment in a bank also in phils.]and he said what he gives me is enough.its up to him if he wants to give to his children all his money/property.and i told him that its up to him if what he gonna do to all of his property.actually i hate to talk about this coz i dont want that my hubby accusing me that i only look for his money after we live together for how many years now.thats why i wants everybody's opinions

any another opinions/facts?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    I don't necessarily agree.... But..... It's kind of spot on....

The Women's Rules

1. The female always makes the rules
    2. The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
    3. No male can possibly know all the rules.
    4. If the female suspects the MALE know all the rules, she must immediately change some or all of the rules.
    5. The female is never wrong.
    6. If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was a result of something the male did or said wrong.
    7. The male must apologize immediately for causing said misunderstanding.
    8. The female may change her mind at any time.
    9. The male must never change his mind without the express written consent of the female.
    10. The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
    11. The male must remain calm at all times unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
    12. The female must, under no circumstances, let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry and/or upset.
    13. The male is expected to mind read at all times.
    14. Any attempt to document the rules could result in bodily harm.
    15. If the female has PMS, all the rules are null and void.
    16. The female is ready when she is ready.
    17. The male must be ready at all time.
    18. The male who doesn't abide by the rules can't take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.
    Author is Unknown, but I bet it's a woman.

http://home.online.no/~warnckew/jokes/women-rules.html
    I cant stop laughing about these... brilliant

I guess you still have the right to every property he owns because you're the legal wife. And even if you can't have any property he owns there in England you really don't have to worry because as you said he already bought you 6 houses and an investment in a bank here in the Philippines.With those properties here in Phils I think you're settled for life. You're a one lucky wife! I can't help it but envy you...

Thread Information