Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Loooong wait for NSO Marriage Certificate :-(

Hi,

It is over 9 weeks since Rochelyn and I got married in Cebu.

How many more weeks to get the NSO Marriage Certificate?

I just feel so frustrated, we can't even start anything else yet.

Banned
    Hmmm as i ask 2 of my friends here on the forum,it took only 15-30 days once u registered your wedding on that municipal,ask rochelyn to follow up it on the local civil reg.and use her PR ( public relation) that was the longest process i have ever heard
    Ask rochelyn to go LCR and follow up it to staff there

Or we all know ,they need some (merienda) under the table to work it out

ohhhh......i understand what you kinda feel about, ive been there done that..go to LCR (or your wife) and ask for an advance endorsement, don't just sit and wait it takes longer if you will, through advance endorsement is the only key to get you out of that long wait.

But if you mean to follow their normal procedure it takes you about 3-6 months before you can have it in hand, that surely scares you out in vain....i may advice you to tell them that you were in a hurry in getting those. I got mine in less than a month only....

You should have requested for an early endorsement of your MC from the LCR so that they could forward it to NSO. By doing so, you can request for the NSO copy after 3 weeks. Early endorsement will only cost you 75 pesos for the LBC courier that will bring the doc to NSO office.

As I know, without the early endorsement, the waiting could take 4-6 months. Sometimes 1 year.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

luckily, for me and my husband, we got our nso marriage certificate 11 days after we got married, thanks God for that, it just so happen that the minister who conducted our marriage is the head of nso office in our place, we really explained to him how urgently we need the certificate and just keep on following up, we're lucky, we live couple of minutes from their nso branch in our place and we dont have to wait for the courier, we keep on going back there, and finally, after 11 days, we got it.

we we're also told that it will take couple of months or maybe a year, depends, but we didnt accept it and just tried our best...

i hope you'll get yours soon, just keep on following up. all the best.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hi,

Should not be much longer you just to be a little patient, I don't think ours took that long, maybe God was helping.
    JOHN and VANESSA

Banned
    Thanks for all your replies

I just don't want us to wait forever for the NSO.
    It wouldn't be so bad if we were waiting for the visa, but to wait what seems like forever for MC, is making me mad

Just spoke with Rochelyn and she will be doing some proactive things now.

Thanks again

when i applied for my NSO marriage cert it also took me a month and a half of getting no where... even though i already asked for early endorsement... they said it will still take months... i suggest try and find a person who knows someone from NSO... when i had mine done through a friend i literally got my NSO marriage cert in 2 days.. and not 3 months as they told me...

london well away from those people up norf
    Thanks for all your replies

I just don't want us to wait forever for the NSO.
    It wouldn't be so bad if we were waiting for the visa, but to wait what seems like forever for MC, is making me mad

Just spoke with Rochelyn and she will be doing some proactive things now.

Thanks again
    Im sure the Local officials need some spare gifts for Christmas.

Hi,

9 weeks that's longggggggg I think

when my filipina friend got married in Phils they managed to get the marriage cert in NSO for just 2 weeks and after a month he's here already enjoying the UK

well as some people here said in Phils you need to bribe people sadly to say but that's the only way to do it faster and I think your wife need to be more agressive it might help too

good luck

We found little bags with Bottle of wine with some other goodies worked a treat.

Shame the Wifes Lolo managed to mixup the name tags on the Bags and had to dash about changing them in the Town hall God Bless him

i've been married 21 jan.2004 and i was arrived here 18 march 2004 the agency i went was adviced me how to get my MC quickly after i got married so i did it.
    all things are possible!

I got my marriage contract in just 2 weeks after getting married.
    Maybe because we have coordinated with the reverend who host the ceremony of our civil wedding who works on the municipality as well.
    In just 2 weeks time i got my NSO MC.

Banned
    Thanks again

It has been a bad few days. When speaking to my beautiful wife, I even raised my voice over the phone. I regret that a lot.
    It is so bad to be stopped so early on.
    I thank all Filipinas who have replied to Rochelyn's first post also.
    I think with some support from the ladies, she will take heart and get it quicker.

I feel so useless and impatient.
    If it was waiting for the visa, that would be bad but I feel this is worse because she cannot progress to apply for her passport yet without that NSO marriage certificate.
    Anyway, thanks again.
    aposhark

Thanks again

It has been a bad few days. When speaking to my beautiful wife, I even raised my voice over the phone. I regret that a lot.
    It is so bad to be stopped so early on.
    I thank all Filipinas who have replied to Rochelyn's first post also.
    I think with some support from the ladies, she will take heart and get it quicker.

I feel so useless and impatient.
    If it was waiting for the visa, that would be bad but I feel this is worse because she cannot progress to apply for her passport yet without that NSO marriage certificate.
    Anyway, thanks again.
    aposhark
    The stress is imense i can tell you. Feel free to use us southeners as a verbal punch bag rather than your lovely Wife.

The support the Ladies on here will give to your Wife will far exceed us silly Brits can give
    Its much harder for a Pinay she cant say sod it im sneaking off to the uk for a quick trip even if she has all the money in the world
    I think also it helps for Rochelyn to speak to those who have a full understanding many of my Wifes friends and family had no idea as it was jsut without wishing to be rude out of the comprehension of many of them to be going to the UK and all it entails.

Remeber still plenty to sort you need to let Piamed carry on being a crash test dummy for iffy rice cookers get in as much football viewing before the missus gets home.
    Also make use of the time leaving your clothes all over the place and being able to find things as they are where you left them not all neatly tidied up and organised away

You have not been stopped you just got a slight delay we Brits are so used to efficency i mean look at our train service and of course the wonderful Goverments we have red or blue

Its hard to be out of control but i learned you need to try and chill and go with the flow otherwise your just do your head in.

So remeber Sir no bad words on the phone to the better half, just jokes about namby pampy southeners please

Im sure Mr Admin can help you there.

hi aposhark!

i know how you feel right now.

hope your wife will do some "proactive" stuff to get it quick.

i understand how our system works here, esp in the govt. it saddens me but its our reality here, sometimes i get to use it to my advantage.

lets call it a "premium fee" for people inside the govt, to help you get the docs fast.

thats how it works here. you know it, take that advantage.

Banned
    You never have enough time to properly "sanitize" the gaff.....

So I suggest you get a couple of days off work, and get started......

Knickers size 14 found under the bed will always call for akward questions when a size 10 enters the place and discovers them....

You have been warned......

bribe them hahaha

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    We were lucky. Part way through assembling the paperwork we bumped into a 'fixer' who was able to get all the paperwork through very quickly. He was both inexpensive, honest and efficient. I guess I am not allowed to post his name here through. I have supplied it through the Filipino Gov Forum web pages, where I am johncar61, ot send me a private message.

We were also lucky in that I was living in Spain (Schengen) and so had a 'right' for my wife to join me, so there was no list of letters, phone calls, photos etc. and no interview, just a chat with both of us. approval instantly and then a 3 week wait to collect the visa. I really sympathise with you guys in UK

Banned
    Hi,

Got mine in few days. Just go to your local registrar and ask for endorsement letter. Then go to NSO Sta. Mesa and look for Directors Office.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    You never have enough time to properly "sanitize" the gaff.....

So I suggest you get a couple of days off work, and get started......

Knickers size 14 found under the bed will always call for akward questions when a size 10 enters the place and discovers them....

You have been warned......
    My conscience is clear my dear chap, my eyes never roam now that a certain Filipina is in my life

I wish I had to put up with my clothes and other items being "organized" for me, in fact right now I'd do anything to see her do anything in the house.
    This separation is a thing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    The stress is imense i can tell you. Feel free to use us southeners as a verbal punch bag rather than your lovely Wife.

The support the Ladies on here will give to your Wife will far exceed us silly Brits can give
    Its much harder for a Pinay she cant say sod it im sneaking off to the uk for a quick trip even if she has all the money in the world
    I think also it helps for Rochelyn to speak to those who have a full understanding many of my Wifes friends and family had no idea as it was jsut without wishing to be rude out of the comprehension of many of them to be going to the UK and all it entails.

Remeber still plenty to sort you need to let Piamed carry on being a crash test dummy for iffy rice cookers get in as much football viewing before the missus gets home.
    Also make use of the time leaving your clothes all over the place and being able to find things as they are where you left them not all neatly tidied up and organised away

You have not been stopped you just got a slight delay we Brits are so used to efficency i mean look at our train service and of course the wonderful Goverments we have red or blue

Its hard to be out of control but i learned you need to try and chill and go with the flow otherwise your just do your head in.

So remeber Sir no bad words on the phone to the better half, just jokes about namby pampy southeners please

Im sure Mr Admin can help you there.
    Good comments andypaul.
    I was warned about the sloooooooooow NSO beforehand.
    A bloke I know told me his wife flew to the NSO office in Manila and almost got arrested when she told them about their incompetence.
    Filipinos know about this, I am learning very painfully

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    .....Then go to NSO Sta. Mesa and look for Directors Office.
    What is this please pennybarry ?

Good comments andypaul.
    I was warned about the sloooooooooow NSO beforehand.
    A bloke I know told me his wife flew to the NSO office in Manila and almost got arrested when she told them about their incompetence.
    Filipinos know about this, I am learning very painfully
    I await the comments about us lousy Londoners with a big pair of ear muffs on

Banned
    I await the comments about us lousy Londoners with a big pair of ear muffs on
    Don't get too much of a downer about yourselves down there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaker23 View Post
    hi aposhark!

i know how you feel right now.

hope your wife will do some "proactive" stuff to get it quick.

i understand how our system works here, esp in the govt. it saddens me but its our reality here, sometimes i get to use it to my advantage.

lets call it a "premium fee" for people inside the govt, to help you get the docs fast.

thats how it works here. you know it, take that advantage.
    This is what I am unsure about sneaker23.
    Rochelyn told me she offered to pay more money to the man at the LCR but he said it wasn't necessary.
    If it was me there, I would have asked to speak to him privately and handed over php 1000 and impressed on him the urgency of getting this marriage certificate.
    I don't want to trample on Rochelyn's toes as I am here back in the UK.
    If you know how to help, please comment on panaginip's thread.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11476

Thanks

This is what I am unsure about sneaker23.
    Rochelyn told me she offered to pay more money to the man at the LCR but he said it wasn't necessary.
    If it was me there, I would have asked to speak to him privately and handed over php 1000 and impressed on him the urgency of getting this marriage certificate.
    I don't want to trample on Rochelyn's toes as I am here back in the UK.
    If you know how to help, please comment on panaginip's thread.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=11476

Thanks
    Us Brits should leave it to the Pinay, if you had offered help as you know, not being a local may have caused an issue. I know from experience many Phill blokes were hesitant to deal with me if the Wife or a phill about.
    worried about dealing with such matters with a big western bloke and the
    language issue I presume. Then suddenly the wife or phill with me would discretly ask for the gift if needed or suddenly its all sorted after a disscussion sometimes heated, job done.

Rochelyn with the help of the Ladies on here as well as her family and friends in phill will work out the best way.

Which is rarely the best way to a Brit.

I know various issues I worried about why it took so long but out of the blue they sorted themselves out or after a set time the Missus knew with the help of family knew when to make a fuss.

Its like being in the back seat of a car sometimes its hard but we have to let the experts judge the right course fo action.

Banned
    Us Brits should leave it to the Pinay, if you had offered help as you know, not being a local may have caused an issue. I know from experience many Phill blokes were hesitant to deal with me if the Wife or a phill about.
    worried about dealing with such matters with a big western bloke and the
    language issue I presume. Then suddenly the wife or phill with me would discretly ask for the gift if needed or suddenly its all sorted after a disscussion sometimes heated, job done.

Rochelyn with the help of the Ladies on here as well as her family and friends in phill will work out the best way.

Which is rarely the best way to a Brit.

I know various issues I worried about why it took so long but out of the blue they sorted themselves out or after a set time the Missus knew with the help of family knew when to make a fuss.

Its like being in the back seat of a car sometimes its hard but we have to let the experts judge the right course fo action.
    Thanks again for your reply andypaul.
    Both myself and Rochelyn are frustrated, almost 10 weeks waiting now.
    Waiting forever is not an option, we just need a solution
    Cheers

Thanks again for your reply andypaul.
    Both myself and Rochelyn are frustrated, almost 10 weeks waiting now.
    Waiting forever is not an option, we just need a solution
    Cheers
    Does sound like time for action. The Wife had a distant family memeber send off the paperwork and chase it though in our area. So the local side should be able to help things.

I do remeber someone writing on a board (possibly not this one dont tell the boss) quite a few years ago about how normally the local office will save up the certs and then send off in one batch (as most local couples are not that fussed) and that it was best to push them to send off and if they want you to pay for the courier then offer the money forgeting the change of course.
    Possibly it works the same on the way back they save up the certs untill a set amount or time and then collect.
    Could an offer to pay for an additonal courier help?

Maybe others know in more detail know how the process works and can offer more informed insight?

Banned
    My conscience is clear my dear chap, my eyes never roam now that a certain Filipina is in my life
    Only been kidding, mate....

the situation you are in at the moment is terrible, it is the wost that anyone can envisage... In limbo... If such a thing exists....

Unfortunately there little or nothing you can do but wait, and hope for the best.

We waited for nearly 3 months for the darn little piece of paper to be released..
    In the meantime I kept faxing/emailing Jet up to date bank balances and salary slips, so that the Embassy would have the latest info.
    Our delay was caused by the elections..... All gov buildings and resources were diverted to cope with that....

Now she is here, as no doubt your asawa will be with you soon enough...
    Do not despair...

Just be positive...............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information