Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    is there a highway code in the philipines because i dont think anyone uses it
    I'm told that it's called "Road and Highway Code", but I've been unable to locate a copy.

one of my wifes bad habits is being unable to read a map she will drive near where shes going and ask someone,then drive there and ask again and again and again even with the map in front of her,i was telling her where to go and she still kept trying to go in another direction
    Well, with the lack of decent maps here, that's how most pinoys learn to navigate. I was most surprised when I went with Ruby's family to visit her uncle. He only lives about 2 or 3 miles away, but we had to stop and ask directions several times before we reached his house.

hello sis jta.. yeah 2 years for the provisional license... although you still have to take the theory test before you can do a practical test... the validity of the theory test is also two years..

Respected Member
    in the uk the provisional license was 2 years before you need to take your test,that was a few years ago so it may of changed now but theres no point in getting one until you want to start taking a few lessons and take the test anyway.
    The only point of getting a provisional license a while before learning to drive is that it's easy to obtain, and then it's a good form of ID to use if you want to open bank accounts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Well, with the lack of decent maps here, that's how most pinoys learn to navigate. I was most surprised when I went with Ruby's family to visit her uncle. He only lives about 2 or 3 miles away, but we had to stop and ask directions several times before we reached his house.
    my wife as a road map of manila with every street and street name on it,when my wife looks at it her mind goes blank so how will she will cope whens shes here already.

even with satnav she will get lost

i have a feeling shes going to phoning me up saying im lost when shes 2 streets from the house

even with satnav she will get lost
    i have a feeling shes going to phoning me up saying im lost when shes 2 streets from the house
    This is the very reason why my hubby is skeptic about me learning to drive But, how will I know if I don't try?

Congrats, mhynne. You finally did it!
    A winning horse doesn't know why it runs in a race.
    It runs because of the hits of pain.
    Life is a race. God is your rider.
    So if you're in pain,
    then think God wants you to win

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reginacarlson View Post
    In fairness to Filipino drivers, they are braver and less intimidated when in comes to driving abroad, driving in another country is easier for them compare to the Philippine traffic they got used to which is always highly congested. Foreigners (drivers and passengers alike) in the Philippines are scared sh*tless from all the honking, bumper to bumper "gitgitan", and lane cutting Filipino drivers are known for.
    No wonder when my neighbors saw me driving alone in our car w/o instructor,that same day in the afternoon they parked their cars on their driveway... still stall the car many times esp at rounabouts,very embarassing.

thanks guys for all the advice..
    its indeed very helpful!

my provisional driving license is valid for 10 years

after you passed the theory test you have 2 years to pass your practical test and if you dont pass within 2 years you will have to take the theory test again. and after you passed the practical driving test you will receive your full driving license within 21 days. and i recommend you take the bsm driving lesson they are very good.

goodluck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information